CHICAGO, IL — Police are warning Near North Side residents to watch out for a man who has been using Molotov cocktails and other incendiary devices and chemicals to start fires in the neighborhood.
The man is suspected of at least eight arsons in the area from as far back as February of this year, police said. The following are the locations and times of fires authorities believe the man has set:
- 2:15 a.m. Feb. 29, 1900 block of North Clifton Avenue
- 12:01 a.m. March 14, 1200 block of West Cortland Avenue
- 1:03 a.m. March 26, 1700 block of North Kingsbury Street
- 1:30 a.m. April 19, 1000 block of West North Avenue
- 1:03 a.m. Sept. 11, 1900 block of North Kingsbury Street
- 1:03 a.m. Oct. 10, 1900 block of North Clifton Avenue
The suspect is described as white or Hispanic, in his early 20s, between 5 feet 8 and 6 feet tall and around 160 to 180 pounds, police said. He also is reported to be driving a silver Ford Mustang with body damage on the passenger side.
Chicago police are alerting residents in the area to watch out for a suspect connected to arsons as far back as February.
By Joe Vince (Patch Staff) – October 20, 2016 7:30 pm ET
Adding monitored smoke alarms to your Forest Security System is a smart and easy thing to do. Monitored smoke alarms alert you when you are at home protecting you and your family but what if you are away… Monitored smoke alarms will notify the fire department ensuring the quickest fire department dispatch in the event of a fire emergency. Stay Safe, Stay Protected with Forest! Call us today 708-452-2000